What is WILP? (Work Integrated Learning Programme)
01. Today’s world is witnessing an explosive advancement in technology and rapid changes in the working methods across the industry. It has largely impacted the job market and also created a huge complexity in handling the tasks. Thus, the jobs are becoming highly skill-intensive.
02. In the present scenario, the industries expect new employees to possess practical skills whereas a large number of youth and job seekers have acquired knowledge in the conventional education system which is largely comprised only of the theoretical components.
03. Therefore, University-Industry collaborations are the only way forward to handle the gap between academia and industry needs. Moreover, the new education policy announced by MOE strongly indicates to design such learning pedagogies which are in collaboration with industry and must be work-integrated so that the students are work-ready and fit to be employed after the completion of the learning programme.
04. Shri Venkateshwara University has introduced Work-Integrated Learning Programme in part-time mode, which have been carefully designed with a focus on industry practices and integrated with work requirements so that the learners get the opportunities to connect theory with practice at their workplace.
05. WILP are specifically focused on up-skilling needs of industry professionals, it provides opportunities to interact with local industries as well as with industry mentors that help students to prepare academically along with exposure to industry practices.
06. The learning pedagogy of WILP is primarily designed on a concept of learning while doing where a student can easily identify its learning requirements which can be later shared with the academic resources available at university and can also be discussed with experts at collaborative industries.
07. Internships and the on the job training are the essential components that help in acquiring skills and knowledge required to succeed in competitive job markets. Hence, WILP provides a vast pool of opportunities to learn new concepts with the latest IT tools that are being practiced in industries and also expose students with new emerging trends and global practices.
08. WILP follows the blended approach of work-integrated learning and are conducted with the same rigour as campus based programmes, with a very high component of synchronous instruction, and use of the latest educational technologies.
Your Future,Our Focus,Our Mission
Live interactive Classes/Sessions with doubt clearing facilities
Work Iintegrated Advantage
Academic & Industry Mentorship
Industry relevant Curriculum
Developing awarness of global challenges & addressing of issues.
Gaining leadership skills through knowledge of subjects & concepts.
Develop a pluralistic approach and appreciate possibilities.
Applied Research Projects.
Inculcate entrepreneurship behaviour.
Work Experience & Industry Exposure.
Advantages of WILP
The opportunity to work in a genuine business setting
Develop your sense and awareness of workplace culture
Enhance your soft skills & advance your theoretical knowledge
It can help you manage your future career aspirations and decisions
Boost of employment prospects
Increase your awareness of global challenges and industrial issues
Building of a flourishing network of professionals.
Broaden your perspectives
You can make a positive impact and offer solutions to real-life problems
“Learning is not an automatic result of experience. Instead, deliberate engagement with an experience is required for effective experiential learning.”
Objectives of the Programme
Create technologists equipped to lead various organisational functions that demand application of working-knowledge in different areas to successfully address the needs of the customer and society.
The learning from the programme will help the students develop and implement innovative technological solutions for industrial problems.
Enable communication skills to effectively interact as members of cross-functional teams. The students are instilled with values of professional responsibilities and commitment to ethical action.
Build and nurture the knowledge, skills and aptitude required to realise long-term career growth and enables participants to undertake higher responsibilities at the workplace.
Provide requisite conceptual foundation and contextual understanding of real-world applications that enable a learner to enhance workplace performance and stand out among peers for growth opportunities.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the programme, Learners will:
Apply fundamental principles of Engineering and Management in selected domain.
Successfully carry-out small and medium range projects considering both the technical and financial perspectives.
Function as a part of a team and communicates effectively across sectors.
The engineering courses in Work Integrated Learning Programme are designed to provide a broad intellectual foundation in contemporary technologies with focus on relevant engineering fundamentals and related field applications.
To pursue a course, a student should have minimum of Two years Full Time work experience in a registered Firm/ Company/ Industry/Educational and/ Government, Autonomous Organizations in the relevant field in which admission is sought.
All the courses in Work Integrated Learning Programme are a part-time course and are as per the AICTE norms specified in Approval Process Handbook released periodically.
Classes are held in a hybrid mode, with a judicious mix of online classes along with classrooms at campus in the evening and on weekends & holidays. Post completion of the live classes, recorded classes in video format are provided to access for an unlimited period of time through Learning Management System (LMS). Labs are conducted every Saturday at campus or can also be accessed through virtual & remote mode with simulations.
Practical Labs can be assessed 24*7 in the form of Virtual and Remote Labs with simulations to give exposure of real time experience.
Student's performance is assessed on the continuous basis of learning pedagogy. This consists of sessional examinations, quizzes, assignments, practical, and semester examinations. The result is shared with the student to assess the performance.
The programme is developed to ignite the technical temperament of the modern engineering world.
The learning methodology of the WILP e-learning studio is developed on the basis of the implementation of innovative solutions for an interactive learning experience.